Rebuild what appears to be a corrupt database?

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.

Rebuild what appears to be a corrupt database?

Postby sparker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 am

I have lots of my subscriptions showing unread articles when there's no articles at all, and others that I know have recent articles that are not showing up.

I've tried exporting the hierarchy of ~250 news groups, deleting them and reimporting them, which cleared all the erroneous unread messages, but now all subscriptions are completely blank. I would have expected to Vienna to think that they were entirely new subscriptions, and reload the history for each one. Am I wrong in that assumption?
Is there some other setting/cache file I can clear to force it to reload everything as if I'm starting from scratch?

TIA for any advice!

Steve
Steve P
Somewhere in Colorado
sparker
Muffin

Re: Rebuild what appears to be a corrupt database?

Postby sparker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm

After waiting for any feed to refresh all day today and yesterday, I finally searched my entire system for "Vienna" and removed/deleted everything, then reinstalled Vienna Version 2.5.1.2502 back on to my Lion 10.7.1 system, and things are working again. I have no idea what caused such a nasty corruption that nothing work work anymore, but it's no longer an issue. Reinstallation from scratch has resolved the problem.

Steve
Steve P
Somewhere in Colorado
sparker
Muffin

Return to Vienna